· In 1983, it was estimated that some 6,000 leftist guerrillas were active in Colombia in at least four guerrilla groups. The Betancur government pursued a policy of negotiation with the guerrillas. He offered amnesty and political recognition in exchange for the cessation of activity and for joining in the electoral process.
· Former Colombian presidential candidate Íngrid Betancourt, who was once kidnapped by the nation's biggest guerrilla group, faced her former captors for the first time Wednesday.
Jun 27, 2002 · Colombian Coal Mine, Find Complete Details about Colombian Coal Mine,Mines And Coal from Coal Supplier or ManufacturerSELUJAN COLOMBIAN COMPANY EU MMEX MINING CORPORATION March 12, 2012 MMEX Mining Corporation Announces Acquisition of 50% Interest in Its First Metallurgical Coal Mine Project in Colombia .
Jan 01, 2013 · The terminal interfaces in the overall coal chain are shown graphically in Fig. is usually transferred from the mine to the export terminal by rail: indeed, well over 1 billion tonnes per year of coal are transported by railroads in the many coal producing and using countries of the world.
Mine in Colombia Londonlisted miner Glencore will buy out its partners' interests in the Cerrejón openpit thermal coal mine in Colombia, one of the world's largest, the Financial Times reported today. Under the deal, Glencore agreed to acquire the percent in the project that it does not already own from Anglo American and BHP.
· In 2011, when coal prices were higher, Drummond Co. sold a 20 percent stake in the Colombian operations to Tokyobased Itochu for billion. Based on .
· In 1997, BHP Billiton gained full ownership of the mine, doubling its production between 2001 and 2010. Today, Cerro Matoso's highquality ferronickel is shipped from Cartagena across the world, where it finds its way into countless industrial products, .
Oct 20, 2021 · Get the latest international news and world events from Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and more. See world news photos and videos at
–based Drummond Company, the secondlargest coal producer in Colombia, operates two mines near La Loma, in the Cesar Basin. In June 2011, Drummond entered into an 80%–20% partnership with Japan's Itochu Corporation, known as Drummond International, which now owns and operates its Colombia interests.
· By Helen Murphy and Luis Jaime Acosta NORTHWESTERN JUNGLES, Colombia (Reuters) Colombia's ELN guerrilla group said a RussianArmenian citizen it held hostage for six months was killed in April while trying to escape, a startling admission that risks throwing current peace talks with the government into jeopardy. In a rare interview, a commander of the National Liberation .
· Colombia received almost 15 billion in foreign direct investment last year, up from just billion in 2002 when guerrilla groups such as the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia roamed almost freely across great expanses of mining territory.
Leaders of Colombian Wayuu People Go into Exile to Escape Violence and Criminalization. Last October, a Wayuu Indigenous leader, Karmen Ramirez Boscan, was in London to criticise mining multinational BHP Billiton for involvement in unacceptable operations, by the company and its partners, at the Cerrejon coal mine in Colombia. Since returning ...
· In a recent example, BHP entered new renewable energy contracts for its Escondida and Spence copper mines in Chile that allowed the company to reduce energy prices by 20% and displace 3 million tons of CO 2 emissions from the current coalfired supply. 7 The company also signed a renewable PPA that will allow it to use lowemission energy sources to meet half of its electricity .